It was good soup. It was so good I gave my roommate the other half because she smelled it from her side of the house. So good that I'd definitely buy it again, and it might even become one of those things I add to the shopping cart every week...
.... or I could one up V8 by adding more veggies and using no preservatives. I think I like option two.
Green Goddess SoupYou'll need:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli crowns cut into small florets
- 1 bunch of asparagus- trim off woody stems and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 leek, white parts only, thinly sliced
- Half a yellow onion, chopped
- Half a bag of organic spinach
- 2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 cups water
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add a large pinch of salt and stir. Add leeks to the pot and cook for 2 minutes, then add asparagus. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the asparagus are tender and bright green.
Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the contents of the soup together. If using a regular blender, transfer contents to the blender and puree with the little center piece of the top removed.