- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cups cooked chicken, either shredded or chopped into small pieces
- 2 packages of pillsbury grands biscuits
Prepare your chicken, and while it is cooking chop up all of your vegetables and prepare the filling.
Saute the vegetables in the olive oil until they are softened. Transfer to a bowl.
In another pot, melt butter and whisk in flour until the mixture is thick and almost crumbly.
Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, and thyme. Continue to whisk, bringing the mixture to a simmer. It will eventually become thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in the cooked, shredded chicken and vegetables to complete your filling.
Spray each well of a 16 (or two 8) muffin pans with cooking spray.
Take each of the grands biscuits and roll into a thin flat circle with a rolling pin. Lay one flattened biscuit over a muffin well, fill just a little less than full (about 1/4 cup of filling per well), and fold the excess biscuit dough over the muffin cup, pinching closed.
Bake according to the biscuit package.
Warm, filling, and yummy-- perfect for the cold winter nights that are yet to come in the next couple of months!