Saturday, June 20, 2015

Coconut Almond Granola Revisited


I used to have a pretty decent version of this granola on my recipes page.  It's been replaced.

A couple of weekends ago Ryan and I were in the grocery store and he spotted a prepackaged yogurt/fruit/granola parfait and thought it looked delicious.  I thought about the 5 cartons of fruit sitting in our fridge and sent him to the dairy aisle for some yogurt.  We could do this ourselves.

I honestly thought that I was going to throw together a makeshift granola with whatever I could find in my pantry to toast, and I was totally wrong.

I made an ever better granola than my old recipe.

You'll Need:

  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup agave
  • 2 Tablespoon almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  

Heat a small sauce pot on the stove on medium-low heat.  Add agave, almond butter, vanilla, and coconut oil to the pot and let melt.

While you're waiting for that, mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.


One the wet ingredients have melted, whisk together and cook for another minute. 


Pour wet mixture over the dry ingredients and fold the mixture together until combined.  

Spread the mixture on a baking sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes, mixing and turning the granola every 10 minutes with a spatula to prevent it from burning in spots.  





We couldn't stop eating this.  I count it as a Yellow for you 21 day fixers, and paired with greek yogurt and some berries makes it a perfect little snack of 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 purple.  

Or you can one-up the grocery store parfait and impress your husband:


Enjoy!

1 comment: