Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Green Bean Chick Pea Pasta Salad

Adjusting to having a "job" during my rotations has not been easy.  I'm really having to learn to be efficient with my time when I get home during the day.  I joined a local gym because without the motivation of workout classes, I'd probably just take a 2 hour nap every day.

Being efficient is especially hard when you're the type who wants to cook all of your own food.  I need time to actually cook, then time to clean up the mess I make, and by the time I do that most nights I'm left with only an hour or two to study... which isn't long enough considering my eyes are closing by 10 pm.  24-year-old granny right here.

So one of my goals this school/work year is to make a few meals on Sunday to keep in the fridge for a week.  I finally did this last night, making both a lunch and a dinner that will last me my three-day-week!  Jealous?  Don't be, I just found out I'm on neurology call tonight.  So much for the long gym session I had planned.

Lunch this week:

Green Bean Chick Pea Pasta Salad
Adapted from Daily Garnish

  • 1.5 cups green beans, chopped into 2" pieces
  • 2 cups brown rice pasta, uncooked
  • 1 cup chick peas, rinsed
  • 1.5 T white wine vinegar
  • 1 T olive oil
  • small handful of fresh basil, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
Start by boiling a pot of water and adding the chopped green beans to the water once it starts to roll.  


Cook for 5 minutes then drain with a slotted spoon (leave the water for the pasta!) and rinse with cool water.  

Next, cook your pasta until al dente.  Rinse the pasta under cool water as well.

Combine chick peas, pasta, green beans, and chopped basil in a large bowl.

Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and drizzle into pasta salad and toss to combine.


I literally just finished eating a bowl of this for lunch, and I'm already looking forward to having it again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment