Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bananas Foster Pancakes

Remember when I made pumpkin pancakes two weeks ago?  I got tired of pumpkin pancakes by Thursday of that week.  I'm not one to waste food unless it's actually gone bad, so I knew I had to finish those pancakes, and a banana that was about to be too ripe to use other than in a smoothie.  Instead of just topping the pancakes with banana I decided to make a bananas foster pancake topping-- without the rum (it was a work day morning).

Bananas Foster Pancake Topping
makes enough for two servings of pancakes
you'll need:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 T butter
  • 2 T brown sugar
  • 1 T half and half
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
First melt the butter in a small sauce pan on LOW heat.  Butter burns.
Add the brown sugar, half and half, and cinnamon to the melted butter.
Bring to a simmer, whisking with a fork or a tiny whisk:



Add the bananas to the simmering butter mixture and cook for 2-3 more minutes.


Add topping to any pancakes and enjoy!


This would work really well for waffles or french toast as well.  It's not the healthiest of breakfasts, but perfect for a weekend or special occasion treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment