Monday, October 15, 2012

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I haven't been posting nearly as much as I'd like to, but then again, I haven't been cooking nearly as much as I'd like to either.

So when I do have time to cook, I try to make it count.

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
you'll need:
  • 2 portobello mushrooms
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped spinach
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 roma tomato, chopped
  • 2 T bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1 tsp tabasco sauce or hot sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
Start by scooping out the insides of the mushrooms, but don't throw them away-- chop them up for the stuffing.  
Place the mushrooms hollow side down in a baking dish.


Cook for 15 minutes until the water is leaking out of them, then lay on a paper towel to drain the water.


While mushrooms are cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add onion and garlic.  Cook for about 3 minutes. 

Add pepper, chopped mushroom, and spinach and saute for about 3-5 more minutes.


Add tomatoes, goat cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and stir, cooking for 3 more minutes.  

Look's kind of Christmas-y, right?!

Stuff the mushrooms and cook in oven for 10 more minutes, adding parmesan cheese in the last minute of cooking.



This was enough for me to eat myself, so double the recipe if you want to serve more people!



No comments:

Post a Comment