The Healthier Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil or butter
- 1 15.5 ounce can of cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/8 t dried basil
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (or 2 T nutritional yeast if vegan or if you have a Dennis)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped into small pieces
- 2 large fist fulls of baby spinach, chopped
While onion and garlic are cooking, process the cannelini beans in food processor with 1/4 cup of water, dried basil, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Add spinach and artichokes to skillet and cook for a few minutes until spinach is starting to wilt.
Stir cannellini mixture into the skillet. Then add parmesan cheese and stir until everything is combined.
Pour dip into an oven safe dish and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Serve in a bread bowl with tortilla chips, pita chips, and chunks of bread for dipping.
My whole family including the 1 year old inhaled all of the spinach artichoke goodness, so this will appear on a table again sometime soon. I was too into chatting and hanging out and not enough into taking good photos... so when it does I will update with step by step photos and a post on creating the bread bowl!