Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Monday: Veggie Burritos

I've probably mentioned this before, but several readers have asked for recipes that are easy to put together all week long.  To make sure I'm keeping up with this request, I'm starting a weekly posting called "Easy Monday."  My goal is to post something that can be prepped ahead of time, say on Sunday night, and thrown together quickly during weeknights.  Tonight marks the first of these posts because, oh my gosh, it's Monday!

Easy Veggie Burritos
you'll need:
  • Tortillas of your choosing
  • A batch of roasted vegetables
  • A batch of cooked grains or legumes
  • Chopped spinach
  • Cheese or hummus
On a convenient night, roast a bunch of veggies drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Chop up a bunch of spinach.
On the same convenient night, cook up a batch of rice, quinoa, lentils, or drain and rinse a can of beans.  Store veggies and grains/beans in containers in the fridge.
To make a burrito when you need dinner, simply preheat the oven to 400, lay tortilla on baking sheet, and add veggies, grains/beans, spinach, and cheese or hummus to the burrito.
Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy!

I had a bunch of leftover spinach and butternut squash from Thanksgiving, so I made a quinoa-butternut-spinach-cheddar burrito tonight.



Use whatever veggies you'd like, and if you are a meat eater, you can sub cooked chicken or ground beef for the grains and beans.  I have recently decided to eat vegetarian during the week and save my meat eating for weekends and holidays-- mainly for health reasons, but more on that another time.  Happy Easy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment