Friday, December 7, 2012

Broccoli Slaw

I know several people who make great broccoli slaw-- my friend Spinners and Ryan's mom just to name a few.  I had some carrots and celery left over from a chicken pot pie recipe I made on the weekend (will share soon), and the first thing that came to my mind was to make a broccoli slaw of my own with whatever I had left in the pantry... which unfortunately wasn't bacon or ramen noodles (which go into the above mentioned versions of broccoli slaw)... but it tastes great and will be a side dish for my lunches all week long!

Broccoli Slaw
you'll need:

  • 1 large broccoli crown, chopped into small pieces
  • 3 medium sized carrots, grated
  • 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
  • 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
  • 1/3 cup craisins
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup slivered, toasted almonds
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 T agave
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Gather your vegetables.


Chop/grate/dice into small pieces.


Mix vegetables, craisins, seeds, and almonds together in a large bowl or dish.


Whisk together oil, vinegar, and agave.  Pour over slaw mixture.
Season to taste!


I have paired this all week with my sweet potato cauliflower soup for lunch.  Isn't it pretty??

I'm doing all of my christmas cookie baking-present wrapping-movie watching this weekend, as I start my busiest rotation of the year on Monday (ob/gyn) and am going to be away the following weekend to watch my baby brother graduate from college.  I can't wait for all of these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment