Tuesday, May 19, 2015

8 Week 10K Training Group


Starting June 1st I will be hosting a totally free 10K training group!  The group will run for eight weeks.  As your coach, I will provide you with a training schedule, clean eating ideas (filled with veggies, of course) and lots of motivation and encouragement.  Best of all I will be following this training schedule WITH you as I prepare for the Big10K in Chicago on July 25!

You do not have to be running the Big10K to be part of this group!  In fact, you don't need to be registered for a race at all!  But if an end goal is your end game, visit www.runningintheusa.com to find a race in your area the weekend of July 25-26 to be on track with the training schedule.  And of course, if you are interested in joining the group of us running in Chicago, let me know so we can start planning!

Training will consist of:

  • 3 days of running per week (1 easy run, 1 pace practice or speed session, and 1 long run)
  • 1 day of stretching + strengthening
  • 2 days cross training
  • 1 rest day
The workouts will be geared towards beginning to intermediate level runners.  You should be able to run 1-2 miles easily at the start of the training.  I will make myself available to anyone who needs the workouts modified to their level or schedule.  I have a crazy busy full time job and will need to modify the schedule for myself some weeks!  My job as a coach is to make this group work for YOU if you want to be involved.   

I'm here to make this a fun and interactive experience!  Comment on either this post, the "8 Weeks to Running the Big10K" posts on facebook or instagram @theveggiedoc or email theveggiedoc@gmail.com to be added to the training group on Facebook!  

Lace up!  We begin June 1st!









No comments:

Post a Comment