Saturday, July 4, 2015

10 Step Meal Prep

I'm going to lay it all out for you.  Here's how meal prep goes down in the our house:

I shop on Saturday, and I only buy those things that are in my meal plan.  No snacks or treats, that's just a set up for failure.  I know that I can't stop myself from raiding the pantry at 8 pm.


On Sunday I get to work:

1. I peel the leftover, overripe bananas from the week before, cut them in half, and freeze them to add to my Shakeology.

2. I grill an entire package of chicken tenders on the George Foreman grill.  When they cool down, I chop them up for salads.

3. I chop all of my salad veggies for the week and make a baggie for each salad.


4. I slice up bell peppers, onion, and chicken sausage --> just need to saute when I need a quick dinner.

5. I make 4 turkey burgers and 4 bison burgers.  For two people, that's 4 dinners.  If I only need 2 dinners, I freeze the others for a later time.


6. Chop up dinner veggies (and snack veggies) ahead of time and store in a baggie.  Serve with the burgers.


7. Make a pot of hard boiled eggs to eat throughout the week as snacks.

8. Portion out containers or bags of granola.  Grab and go when needed, adding freshly washed berries to each bag in the mornings to mix in with plain greek yogurt.

9. Portion out greek yogurt into containers and stack in the fridge.

10. Each night I add mixed greens, chicken, nuts, and cheese to a glass container, put one of the pre-portioned bags of chopped salad veggies on top (literally, the whole bag itself) and my orange fix container with oil + vinegar inside the glass dish.  Cover --> my husband can grab one the next morning without fussing.  It's all in one place and he dumps the baggie and the container into the greens when it's time to eat so that it doesn't get soggy overnight!

How we eat:

Breakfast:  Shakeology + Frozen Banana + Almond Milk + Coffee


What goes in my lunch bag:
  • Salad, throw in the chicken, dump in a bag of veggies, fill my orange container with olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar. 
  • A bag of washed berries and granola
  • A container with 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt.  
  • 1/2 grapefruit if I didn't put banana in my shakeo.  Ryan has his grapefruit after work. 
What goes in Ryan's lunch bag:


  • Salad, chicken, veggies, dressing
  • Piece of whole wheat bread with almond butter 
 Yogurt/Berries/Granola

  • I have it as a second breakfast around 9 am
  • Ryan has it as dessert at 9 pm
Dinner:
  • Meat
  • Veggies 
Email me @ TheVeggieDoc@gmail.com if you're interested in signing up for the next 21 Day Fix Challenge group!

No comments:

Post a Comment