Sunday, December 6, 2015

Gingerbread Protein Pancakes


I'm a lover of stereotypical holiday flavors.  Pumpkin the fall.  Fruity in the summer.  Peppermint and gingerbread once it's Christmastime.

On the weekends that means pancakes from scratch!  This protein version of gingerbread pancakes is how I get my shakeology and second breakfast all together for brunch!

Gingerbread Protein Pancakes

You'll need

  • 1/3 cup greek yogurt
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use shakeology)
  • 2 T coconut flour
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp blackstrap molasses (mine is from Trader Joes)
Mix all ingredients together, pour onto a griddle -- I made 6 pancakes, 3 per serving.  And if you're wondering why these aren't pumpkin pancakes (since I used pumpkin spice) the difference between pumpkin and gingerbread is in the molasses!  

The holidays are a hard time of year to stay on track with healthy habits.  Trust me, my sweet tooth rules my brain and I have a hard time resisting temptation when there are treats everywhere and wine flowing at christmas parties!  I practice the 80/20 rule: during the week I work hard to eat healthy 80% of the time, and when holiday fun is happening, I use up my 20% of indulgence!  Recipes like these help make my breakfast clean while still enjoying some christmastime flavor.  

I want to share my ideas with EVERYONE on how to stay fit and healthy this holiday season.  

For more recipes, and 5 days of FREE healthy holiday living tips, drop your email on this form! --> http://bit.ly/1jI8Obk

No comments:

Post a Comment